Saturday, November 11, 2006

Art Sunday, Sweater Weather

These sweaters are from Kaffe Fassette's book, "Glorious Knits"  Trust me, they really are!

 

 

OOh, it's getting cooler outside, time to bring out the sweaters!



You guys might have figured out I like the knitters.  Kaffe Fassett is known for brilliant color in knits, fabrics, quilts, mosaics, and in his paintings.  

 

I picked Fassette for Art Sunday  because he said this really nice thing in VOGUEknitting (Holiday 2006), as part of an article called, "The Rainbow Connection" by Daryl Brower:   



"...My day to day life is brim-full of color.  I perceive it everywhere, even in the dabbest settings.  What when I see what a lot of young people are wearing these days--beige, gray, black--I sense a fear of color commitment.

"...I love older women who dare to wear shocking pink or brilliant purple, lighting up every room they enter.  Wearing unusual colors is like giving a  gift to the street.  I often follow a good outfit, studying just what makes it so noticeable.

 

There is a biography on his website if you'd like to read more.  At least go there to look at the pictures!

 

Meanwhile, I'll be getting out my double points, my reds, yellows, shocking pinks, and brilliant purples...



 

No comments: