Friday, November 24, 2006

Art Sunday, Marta

Marta, oil pastel and india ink on gessoed paper, 8 x 11, Suzanne Deal-Fitzgerald, 1994

 

 

You know what?  I'm going to try a little harder. 

 

I'm going to start trying to share my work a little more, and maybe with some pokes and prods, I'll be a little more productive and I'll bring more recent work to my blog.

 

This Sunday, I'm going to share a couple of pieces done with a wax resist sort of technique that you might be familiar with from elementary school using crayons and black paint. 

 

These were done with oil pastels and india ink. 

 

This one is of Marta, named by her previous owner because she was found at the Lenox Square MARTA Station.  I re-rescued her, when her owner had a stroke and could no longer care for her.  She appeared to be part collie and part golden, and she had this wonderful way of splaying herself across the floor.   She lived to be about 10 and died about 5 years ago.  She was quite the companion, opinionated and stubborn, but sweet and protective. 

No comments: