Friday, June 23, 2006

Strange Dolls


I love to surf the net, and with all my time here, I've yet to reach the deepest end. 

I also love fine crafts and the craftsmen and women who produce them.  So,  as a regular feature to this blog, I will begin documenting some of my travels and some of my finds. 

 

Last night, I found Beth Robinson's site "Strange Dolls" and want to bring it to my friends here.  On her home page, she says she's been making these dolls since 2003, and you'll see while moving around the site, her dolls have been used for animation, theater, art for art's sake, and even Christmas ornaments. 

 

Her work uses polymer type clay, vintage fabrics and human hair and human and animal teeth.   They are not child friendly.  As you look through this site, you'll see why...



These dolls aren't for children, unless you have your own little "Wednesday" at home.  And for my friends (heads up, Chuck!) who are clowns, well, there's a demented one of them here too!



Beth describes "Charles" as her Poster Child.  You'll find him gracing the home page here:


and you can read his story here:


 

 

And thank you Beth for allowing me to borrow Charles for my page!  He's quite the sharp dressed man.

No comments: