Thursday, July 20, 2006

True ghost stories from haunted mobile homes!


Thinking about Mobile Homes.  Prompted by Karen aka the Super Mystic Chicken Head , and her ambitious SHUCKTOWN TRAILER PARK  Saga.

 


Ghost in the Trailer


Larry Weaver

CD: Looking for Fun

I all started back when I turned 18,

     My ma, my wife, our six kids and me

Moved into a nice, used doublewide



It was blue and white, bout a hundred feet long,

     With tires on the roof, flamingos on the lawn,

And genuine simulated wood paneling on the inside.



Well when you move into a trailer park

     You hear odd things when it gets dark

Hollering, screaming and cursing ain't nothing weird



But one night I heard a really strange noise,

     So I crept down the hall to check on the boys

And what I seen scared me something fierce.



There on the naugahyde couch he sat,

     A shadowy figure in a Mack Truck hat

It was a ghost and he was drinking all my beer!



He weren't wearing no sheet, just a pair of jeans,

     An old wifebeater with greasy stains

I screamed like a girl and he just disappeared



Chorus

There’s a ghost in the trailer, we got a haunted mobile home!

     And that redneck apparition will not leave us alone.

He’s got a chain on his wallet, and he’s rattlin’ it loud

     There’s a ghost in the trailer, look out!



Well I tore into the bedroom and slammed the door shut,

     Then pretty soon the sun came up

I told my wife what happened but she just shook her head.



And to tell the truth I’d had a drink or three,

     And the stress at the job been getting to me

But just to be safe I put a gun rack over the bed.



A neighbor stopped by later that day,

     He said the previous tenant had passed away.

He was killed working on a Camaro in the front yard.



The hood fell and gave his head a smack,

     He died but they say he still comes back

And when the moon is full he tries to start that car.



Well that same night about quarter to ten,

     We was watching Dukes of Hazzard on TNN

And we heard a blood curdling scream coming from on the lawn.



We ran out onto the trailer lot,

     And that Camaro was levitating right off the blocks

With that ghost in the driver’s seat yelling “Yee-haw!!!”



Chorus

There’s a ghost in the trailer, we got a haunted mobile home!

     And that redneck apparition will not leave us alone.

He got Skynyrd on the radio, and he cranked it up real loud

     There’s a ghost in the trailer, look out!

Things got bad and soon got worse

     We were stuck with this paranormal curse

He would wake us up at night yelling boo-ya’ll.



He moved things around to cause a scare,

     Made a tin of Skoal float through the air

And we could hear footsteps line-dancing down the hall.



Well I called the cops and they just laughed,

     Then a friend from work found an online chat

Told me bout a site called trailerghost.com



There were stories and tips, all kinds of advice,

     I’m telling you that website saved our lives

We sent that ghost back into the great beyond.



So listen to me, don’t make no mistake.

    If you feel your trailer start to shake

Run to the window and take a look outside.



If there’s no tornado to be found,

     And you start to hear a strange moaning sound

You might have a ghost in your doublewide!

Chorus

There’s a ghost in the trailer, you got a haunted mobile home!

     And that redneck apparition will not leave you alone.

If the walls commence to moving, and blood starts dripping out

     You got a ghost in the trailer, look out!

 

Save your souls in this Trailer Church, complete with El Camino

 

No comments: