Sunday, July 30, 2006

Go Charles, Go Charles!


It happened to the Queen, so why not me?  Yahoo burped this morning, and my first two attemped entries disappeared.

 

So, I present the King.

 

You won't see me post a link from Faux News very often if at all, but Fox Sports is a whole other story.  This was on the MSN home page this morning.


 

Now I've been a fan of the nonsporting side of Charles Barkley for years.   It hasn't been hard to surmise that with his thoughts about racism, the economy (it's still the economy stupid!) and crying children in public,  that he'd be someone I could vote for.   

 

While in his book I May Be Wrong but I Doubt It, I recall he said he was a Republican, I thought, hmmm, maybe a fiscally responsible Republican, but that's  not what I think of the Religiously Right infused Republican Party that makes so much noise today.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was wrong!

 

Then, I saw him standing behind John Edwards during several 2004 Presidential campaign stops here in Georgia.  Even though I voted for Reverend Al Sharpton in the 2004 primaries, I wound up liking Edwards a lot, and already have his 2008 bumper stickers on my jeep. 

 

If you like I May be Wrong But I Doubt It, try Who's Afraid of a Large Black Man.  It's not an Art Sunday entry, but if you're like me and have a weakness for big black shiny bald heads,  you can put the book jackets on your wall. 

 

No comments: