Monday, August 14, 2006

Book Tag

That damn clown got me....

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open the book to page 123. 

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your Blog (Please include the book and author) along with these instructions.

5.Just pick up whatever is closest.

 

 

Okay, here it is...from "The Sweet Hereafter" by Russell Banks...

(and I'm giving you 5 sentences, because the 5th is the kicker...)

 

" "...You don't have time to sterilize it properly."

"I said yes, my Swiss army knife.  Clean and sharp.  But what the hell for?

"Use the small blade," he said, and then he explained how to perform an emrgency tracheoltomy, told me how to cut into my daughter's throat and windpipe without causing her to bleed to death."

 

I've done this one on so many other folks' blogs, I think all my friends may be tapped out...  but read something anyway, and if you get hooked on that 123rd page, give me a few sentences!

No comments: