Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Inspiration

Shoshone Beaded Dress


 


 


I've got all these projects (and this lovely dress is NOT one of them!!LOL), many in progress, many finished, and of course the many projects that seem to be stuck in this cattle chute in my mind.


I wonder, will my work ever mean anything to anyone?  Will my history speak from the work itself?  Will there be meaning enough to travel with the work?  Will someone know how much I loved working with Beads?  Pencils?  Paper? Thread?  Yarn?  Wood?  Will they be able to tell it through my work?


And then I realize, there is going to have to be a point where I start showing my work.  Here.  That's why I really started this page, because I admired the work some of my friends were doing.  And I wondered how my work would translate to a web page...


So, I reckon, I need to get my party started.  Meanwhile, here's someone else's  piece of work for the ages.


http://www.windriverhistory.org/exhibits/ShoshoneArt/beadwork/index.html


 


No comments: